Earlier this year, Mojang announced that they would be splitting the upcoming Minecraft Caves & Cliffs update into two parts, mostly along the line of “new world generation” and “everything else”. Completely rewriting how the world is built is a monumental task, after all.
The Caves & Cliffs update part one rolled out on Switch in June, bringing axolotls, goats, glow squid, and a host of new blocks, including copper and powder snow. Update two is due in the “holiday season”, so some time towards the end of 2021. In the meantime, the Caves & Cliffs part one stuff is trickling down to the Bedrock version like water down a dripstone, and the latest addition is candles.
Here’s how the Minecraft official wiki describes these waxy boys:
- Crafted with honeycomb and string
- Comes with 16 dyed types and a yellowish non-dyed type
- Can be lit by any item that produces fire
- Up to 4 can be placed in a single block, similar to sea pickles, for a maximum light level of 12
- Only candles of the same color can be placed on the same block
- Only one can be placed on an uneaten cake and lit
- If any of the cake is consumed, the candle pops off
If you’re a fan of decorating houses in Minecraft, you’re going to love this one.
In slightly less exciting news, a few bug fixes and general quality changes have been added, including a few changes to the texture of blocks to match the Java Edition, improved loot in Bastion chests, and tweaks to how the new mobs work. Axolotls have new hitboxes and a more convincing “play dead” animation, and goats have reduced fall damage.
There are some new splash texts on the game screen as well:
- “[this splash text has been delayed until part 2]”
- “Contains simulated goats!”
- “There’s <<a cat on ,my keyboard!~”
- “The cutest predator you’ll ever meet!”
- “Now you are thinking with pistons!”
- “Get to the coppah!”
- “Board game version also available!”
- “Honey, I waxed the copper!”
- “Plant-based light sources!”
- “Made by “real” people!”
Update 1.17.10 is available right now, so get candling!
Which Caves & Cliffs update is the best one so far? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here
Follow us on Facebook