Summer is typically a lull in terms of new game releases as developers and publishers typically hunker down and focus on their big holiday blockbusters. E3 is usually a jumping point into the busy fall season with all of the various summer events used to announce and hype upcoming games.
For PlayStation 5, we’re coming off of back to back months with pretty big blockbuster releases. In April, we got Returnal and MLB The Show 21, while May delivered Resident Evil Village and Mass Effect Legendary Edition. It’s only getting busier in June as the PS5 will see multiple high-profile titles come to the console.
Insomniac Games’ Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade are easily the biggest games coming to PS5 next month. While we still have to wait a bit longer for reviews of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart to drop, early impressions and previews have offered glowing praise of the upcoming exclusive.
Earlier this month, Game Informer called it “the best looking next-gen game yet.” IGN said it “shows plenty of heart” and is “shaping up to be something special.” The various trailers and gameplay videos already gave us a good indication of what to expect with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and it’s easily my most anticipated game for PS5 (besides Horizon Forbidden West).
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is also coming in June. This is basically the PlayStation 5 version of the previously released Final Fantasy VII Remake with enhanced visuals and gameplay improvements along with a new episode featuring Yuffie. If you already own the game on PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to this version for free.
As for the rest of the month, here’s what’s coming to PS5 in June. I’ve specifically noted some games that are releasing on PS4, but will be playable on PS5 via backward compatibility.
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (PS4) – June 1
- Necromunda: Hired Gun – June 1
- Stonefly – June 1
- Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown (PS4, available through PS Plus) – June 1
- Evergate – June 4
- Griftlands (PS4) – June 4
- The Persistence Enhanced – June 4
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (PS4) – June 4
- Chivalry 2 – June 8
- Neptunia ReVerse – June 8
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade – June 10
- Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (PS4) – June 10
- Guilty Gear -STRIVE- – June 11
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – June 11
- The Elder Scrolls Online – June 15
- Metro Exodus Complete Edition – June 18
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance – June 22
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX – June 24
- Legend of Mana (PS4) – June 24
- Nayuta no Kiseki Kai (PS4) – June 24
- Samurai Warriors 5 (PS4) – June 24
- Cotton Reboot (PS4) – June 25
- Scarlet Nexus – June 25
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (PS4) – June 29
As you can see, there’s a lot coming to PS5 in June. Which games are you most excited to play?
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here